- Two rolls of 6" tulle in any color or color combination you'd like. You could certainly use more if you'd like. Two rolls takes care of any size up. You could also have it cut from the bolt if you can't find the rolls....... it's cheaper. It's slippery and a pain sometimes. Cut it in 6" widths and then in half lengthwise...... you have less options with length but still works great.
- Elastic........ enough to go around tummy.
- Scissors or rotary blade/cutting mat.
- The first thing you need to do is measure your little girl. You need to measure her tummy. I measured Keira's tummy and then added 2" and cut my elastic to this measurement. After it it cut, you want to sew in with a zig zag stitch on your machine to make it a circle. (It can be done by hand too, that is what I did).
- Next, you need to decide how long you wish your tutu to be. Do you want it short and poofy or long and puffy. Take your measuring tape and measure from her waist to where you want the tutu to end. Double this measurement. I like to lay the two rolls together and cut them at the same time. I used my rotary cutter and mat (you can use scissors).
- Now the fun. Take one piece of the cut tulle and slip it under the elastic and fold in half and loop around the elastic. Pull it through into a knot. That's all there is to it from here on out. Continue adding the tulle pieces on the elastic until it fills up.